Vadim Zeitlin <zeitlin at parthe.lpthe.jussieu.fr> schreef:

[about Mahogany]
And the next release should happen really soon now (no joking).
Unfortunately, Python support will almost surely be disabled in it
because there is not enough interest in it to motivate me to maintain
it and so right now it doesn't even support 2.2 without speaking of
2.3 (only 1.5, 1.6 and 2.1). But if someone would like to have a
relatively powerful cross-platform mail client scriptable in Python
Mahogany would be a great to start and any help with the embedded
Python interpreter would be very welcome.
I was just looking at it as a replacement for my current mail client, and
Python scripting was one of the things which made me look at it (I found a
link to it on the wxWindows site). But scripting (Python or other) is not
something I really need in a mail client currently...

Mahogany itself has many good & sometimes unique features. :-)

But it has some strange bugs too. :-(
I'll try a new install and not play with the "Calendar" module this time,
as it seems the problems started after activating it...

--
JanC

grouppython-list @
categoriespython