[Raymond A. St. Marie]
Newbie Ray here.
I decided to run the autotest from IDLE 1 window.
There you go: don't. The tests are intended to be run from a DOS box, and
all sorts of weird things can happen if you try to run them from IDLE.

If you want to run the tests, open a DOS box and do this:

C:\Python23>python lib/test/regrtest.py

mixing-tests-and-guis-is-like-mixing-peanut-butter-and-jello-ly y'rs
- tim
You know Tim, after I posted, I went and tried the test in the DOS box
--hunch--.
Wished I'd a dun that first, I'd a never thought about runing the test in the
IDE.
Of course everything passed.
Thanks for confiming this for me.

Another question tho.
When making a "Top of Startmenu" shortcut for Pythonwin2.3, is it better to ref
the "start_pythonwin.py" in the Pywin dir or should I use the pythonwin.py in
Python23 dir.
I had it the latter way but it would come up a DDE error in the interp window.
Did I just answer my own question? I don't understand why if I did.

Mucho Thanks--ias
Ray

grouppython-list @
categoriespython