In article <sZ46RKA1+9I$EwRn at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk>,
Robin Becker wrote:
I'm having trouble building chaco from source with Python-
2.2.3/Win2kSP4. I have Numeric 23.0 installed so assumed that it might
not work using the win32 installer so am trying to build from chaco-
0.1.0_alpha_37.776.zip. I get a setup.py error ImportError: No module
named build_agg. Do I need to install some extra software prior to
building chaco?
I recently tried to get Chaco (same version) running as well (on Mac
Os X, however) and got exactly the same 'ImportError: No module named
build_agg" error. It seemed to derive from 'kiva/agg/setup_agg.py'.
I've seen other reports of this error in various postings, but no
solutions suggested.
I installed all the packages that were recommended at:

http://www.scipy.org/site_content/chaco/intro

Chaco has always looked promising to me, but I've never had luck
getting it to work.

J.S.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJul 27, '03 at 2:20p
activeAug 5, '03 at 12:15a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Robin Becker: 1 post Jorl Shefner: 1 post