Robin Becker <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> writes:

The text at
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid#52&group_id=1#cvs

seems to indicate that there may be up to a 24 hour delay in :pserver:
access to cvs repositories. Whilst in no way decrying sf.net's
contribution won't this have a bad effect on python (& many other
projects) distribution?
There might be a way to migrate the CVS off SF. This is work in
progress, and I doubt it will happen before Python 2.3 is released (we
can't migrate repositories in the middle of a beta release
cycle). OTOH, SF has promised that they will add new hardware to CVS
in August, so the problem will go away one way or the other. At the
moment, I doubt there is much we can do.

So no, it won't have a bad effect in the long term.

Regards,
Martin

grouppython-list @
categoriespython