About sourceforge and their CVS access..

I have been having serious problems doing my first "python" checkout.
I do not know much about CVS but would it not be possible to make a
"nightly CVS" build in parallel to the "nightly binary" builds, so that
first time "downloaders" can download one tar ball and then just update
with CVS instead of downloading every file for hours on sourceforge? I
just somehow feel CVS is ill fitted mass downloads of thousands of files...

Or do I have someway to add the CVS information to the tar balled source
code available with each release?

I am not sure whether I will be couragous enough to try it very often
anymore (the checkout crashed already three times after hours of
downloading) while I actually already had two-three python bugs I would
have liked to look into and maybe solve...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Ben Dadsetan.

Robin Becker wrote:
The text at
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid#52&group_id=1#cvs

seems to indicate that there may be up to a 24 hour delay in :pserver:
access to cvs repositories. Whilst in no way decrying sf.net's
contribution won't this have a bad effect on python (& many other
projects) distribution?

There are thousands of projects hosted at sf.net and it seems it has
become a single point of failure for open source. Is it a good idea.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJun 20, '03 at 7:59a
activeJun 21, '03 at 5:06p