Bernhard Herzog a ?crit :

The feature I would like to see most in such a tool would be that it
doesn't try to execute the code it's checking. Just like pychecker,
pylint imports the modules it checks, unfortunately, even though it does
seem to be using some kind of parser for python code from
logilab.common. I haven't investigated it in more detail, though.
Yes, pylint imports your modules.

Two things I noticed:

- You may want to indicate that it requires Python 2.2 (the default
python version on my system was 2.1 which gave an error because the
tokenize module doesn't have the generate_tokens function in 2.1)
Thanks for the notice. We'll try to fix it, or update the dependencies
if we're not able to get around that.
- It incorrectly says that "C" is not a valid class name in the
following class statement:

class C:
pass
This is part of the coding standard checking part in pylint. In our
mind, having one letter identifiers is not a good thing, and therefore
pylint generates a warning when it meets one.

This behaviour can be customized though.

--
Alexandre Fayolle
LOGILAB, Paris (France).

grouppython-list @