2003-06-18 -- 0.1.2
* first public release
What is logilab.aspects?
logilab.aspects is a python package that enables Aspect Oriented
Programming in Python. For now, it provides a set of ready-to-use
aspects, and an easy way to create your own aspects. The current
possibilities are still a bit limited, but it will soon provide a
more exhaustive way to define and use more complex aspects.
The aspects module contains some useful aspects such as:
* LoggerAspect: trace all method calls.
* ContractAspect: contracts can be seen as a sub-part of aspects,
and this particular aspect will allow you to use contracts in
Python. We have choosen to consider contracts definitions as
a part of documentation. The conditions are thus specified in
method and modules docstrings.
* ProfilerAspect: simple method profiler
* DispatcherAspect: enable multimethods
* ConfirmationAspect: ask confirmation before an operation
* ObserverAspect: aspect implementation of the Observer Design Pattern
mailto://python-projects at lists.logilab.org (you'll need to subscribe
first on http://lists.logilab.org/mailman/listinfo/python-projects)