It was brainfade.
The function returns a tuple, of course.
It works, and solves one Linux task I had been contemplating for a while,
but doesn't of itself accomplish a job I want to do in Windows

I should be able to automate a DOS program - or rather seize its interface
and control what goes in as from a keyboard, and catch what comes out as if
to the screen, thus programattically determining what gets typed to it and
what gets shown to a notional user, but I suspect I need to use pipes
rather than the popen setup.

Does anyone know an example of this being done (to a DOS/console program)
that is available for inspection?

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJun 15, '03 at 9:32p
activeJun 17, '03 at 12:12p
websitepython.org

3 users in discussion

Ddoc: 2 posts Peter Hansen: 1 post Zac Jensen: 1 post