Simon Withers wrote:

OK, I used Makepy on a third party .dll file, TGLLib.dll which is used
from VB to create/add to localized string files, for use in a game
(Bridge Commander, if anyone cares..)

Now, I come to import TGLLib, and it turns out that things haven't
quite worked right, if the VB Code is anything to go by. The
CoClasses don't have access to the functions that they need from the
DispatchBaseClasses, and when I tinker around a little to let them get
access, it returns
You should just be able to run makepy, then use win32com.client.Dispatch
as normal. Evertthing should "just work" (but unfortunately doesn't for
some).
com_error: (-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, 'TGLLib', 'Type
mismatch', None, 1000013, -2146828275)
This means that TGLLib itself threw an exception. This often means that
you passed an incorrect type.

Can you post the complete interactive session, and the traceback. Also
please include a "print repr(ob)" in the output, where "ob" is the COM
object you are trying to call.

Mark.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMay 8, '03 at 5:00p
activeMay 9, '03 at 9:58a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Simon Withers: 2 posts Mark Hammond: 1 post