Stephen Ferg wrote:
I think I've installed PyChecker correctly on my Windows PC, but when
I run it on one of its test files (test1.py) -- or any other program,
for that matter -- I get the following error message. Does anyone
know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
-- Steve (Stephen Ferg ... Steve at Ferg.org)

C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\pychecker>python checker.py test1.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "checker.py", line 675, in ?
sys.exit(main(sys.argv))
File "checker.py", line 626, in main
if LOCAL_MAIN_VERSION != pychecker.MAIN_MODULE_VERSION :
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'MAIN_MODULE_VERSION'
I'm just guessing here, but it looks like you're running it
from within the folder in which it's installed, and the
MAIN_MODULE_VERSION attribute looks like it's probably put
on the pychecker "module" by the __init__.py file... does
that get run when you import pychecker from within its own
folder? It seems likely something like that is the problem.

If I'm anywhere close to the mark, a print inside __init__.py
to show when it gets executed, and a print just above line 626
above saying "print pychecker.__file__" might tell a little more.

-Peter

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMay 5, '03 at 2:03a
activeMay 5, '03 at 2:43a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Peter Hansen: 1 post Stephen Ferg: 1 post