A *.ram file is a "real audio metafile". It does not contain any
sound at all. If you save the file and open it up in a text
editor, you will find a line that looks like this:
rtsp://server/path/file.rm
This is a streaming media file. I was hoping to be able to copy
the *.rm file to my hard disk so that I could listen offline, but
so far I haven't been able to do that. Google hasn't helped.
Tipton

Bengt Richter wrote:
I recently wanted to play a .ram file without having to accept
all the baggage around the minimal player capability. Is there
such a thing? Even in C/C++, in case I got motivatged to write
a wrapper? TIA.

Regards,
Bengt Richter

grouppython-list @