On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 14:54:20 -0800, Daniel Timothy Bentley wrote:
Isn't it a general rule that terminators are easier to work with than
separators? I remember some programming guru saying this (Jon
Bentley?) I think it was Pascal's use of separators between
Doubtful. He can't remember such a thing.
ObOldPersonMemoryDisclaimer
I guess it could be considered a special case of adding a sentinel at
a boundary (5.1 in 'Writing Efficient Programs'). But that section is
definitely not talking specifically about terminators vs. separators.

Maybe because I have done so much 'multi-dimensional' database
programming, I am acutely aware how separators make for lousy data
structures.

Manuel

grouppython-list @
categoriespython