Alex Martelli wrote:
Daniel Timothy Bentley wrote:

I am currently embarking on the utterly futile and mildly recursive task
of implementing a C interpreter in python (Jython specifically).

Right now, I'm trying to think about integer ops.

Alex:
so you code

foo = makeint(bar + baz)

with some makeint function such as the above one.
I had a similar problem for the PyPy project. In order
to overcome the problem of always having to call
conversion functions, I wrote a class that tries
to promote its restricted type through expressions.

So if you start a variable by

x = r_int(42)

and perform any integer operations on it, the result
will stay in the same domain.

Feel free to use the attached code as you like.

ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer :^) <mailto:tismer at tismer.com>
Mission Impossible 5oftware : Have a break! Take a ride on Python's