I was under the impression that idle used different default fonts for linux
than for windows?

A second issue is anti-aliasing of fonts. As far as I know, tkinter on
linux/unix doesn't have font anti-aliasing. I believe (but might be wrong)
that the gui toolkit has to use XFree86's XRender extension, and tkinter does
not (probably because tcltk does not).

But it would be a very nice addition ...

-- Stephen

Gilles Lenfant wrote:
"Tipton Bandy" <tipton51 at subdimension.moc> a ?crit dans le message de news:
ou0ga.19172$jA2.1723709 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net...
Please forgive me if this is FAQ, but I haven't been able to find the
answer.

When I run IDLE on WIN98, it looks great. But when I run it under KDE,
the type size is too small for my old eyes.

Just a RTFM :o)

Form the IDLE Help :

<copy_paste from="idle help">
Other preferences:

To change the font on Windows, open EditorWindow.py and change
text['font'] = ("lucida console", 8)
to, e.g.,
text['font'] = ("courier new", 10)
</copy_paste>

This is not clearly indicated but this works with Unix too !

"lucida console", 10 is perfect to me but you may prefer another monotype
font available to your system.

Note : this has no connection with KDE since IDLE is not a KDE app.

--Gilles

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMar 25, '03 at 5:38p