Colin wrote:
Hi everyone,

First off, let me say that I'm a Python newbie.
Welcome to the club :-)
I just started
playing around with it, but I'm running into some problems trying to
get things installed. I want to install the MySQLdb module, but when
I try to run "python2.2 setup.py build" for MySQLdb I get the
following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 6, in ?
from distutils.core import setup
ImportError: No module named distutils.core
You're using some Linux flavour, right? Most Linux distributions have
split up Python into several packages, one of them being the
"development" package. If this is the case, you'll have to install the
Python development package, normally ending in "-dev" or "-devel".
So okay, I don't have the distutils module. I find that a little
weird, since I thought all later version of Python came with
distutils. Yep.
But anyways, I tried to install the distutils, [...]
I suggest installing distutils by installing the development package
made by your distribution.

Gerhard
--
Favourite database: http://www.postgresql.org/
Favourite programming language: http://www.python.org/

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedFeb 1, '03 at 2:01a
activeFeb 1, '03 at 3:31p
websitepython.org

3 users in discussion

Gerhard Häring: 1 post Ddoc: 1 post Colin: 1 post