Hi everyone,

First off, let me say that I'm a Python newbie. I just started
playing around with it, but I'm running into some problems trying to
get things installed. I want to install the MySQLdb module, but when
I try to run "python2.2 setup.py build" for MySQLdb I get the
following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 6, in ?
from distutils.core import setup
ImportError: No module named distutils.core

So okay, I don't have the distutils module. I find that a little
weird, since I thought all later version of Python came with
distutils. But anyways, I tried to install the distutils, and when
running "python2.2 setup.py install" for distutils I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 30, in ?
packages = ['distutils', 'distutils.command'],
File "distutils/core.py", line 101, in setup
_setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)
File "distutils/dist.py", line 130, in __init__
setattr(self, method_name, getattr(self.metadata, method_name))
AttributeError: DistributionMetadata instance has no attribute
'get___doc__'

I'm really not sure what's going on. But I'm guessing that either (a)
I need to reinstall Python, or (b) my path/environment isn't set up
correctly. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Colin

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedFeb 1, '03 at 2:01a
activeFeb 1, '03 at 3:31p
websitepython.org

3 users in discussion

Gerhard Häring: 1 post Ddoc: 1 post Colin: 1 post