I'm posting this from Google because my crap ISP (Time-Warner of
Orlando) can't make posting work. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm trying to make a ComboBox subclass that's persistant, and
shelves the current entry and dropdown. I can get the dropdown list
by self.slistbox.listbox.get(0, 'end'), that's the easy part.

The hard part is finding an event that tells me when the list is
updated. I'm running into the problem that the list is usually not
updated with the newest entry, even after the <FocusOut>. And after
the <Destroy> the get() errors out because the widget no longer
exists.

I had no luck figuring out ComboBox.tcl, except it's some sort of
state machine.

I'm using Tix instead of Pmw because it's "part" of Python 2.2.2, and
I like the look of it's notebook widget better, plus I've already
written a lot of code.

Any suggestions? Should I just switch back to Pmw?

-gc

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedDec 31, '02 at 11:02a