Michael Hudson wrote:

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:
Alex Martelli wrote:
I don't think there are any. As long as the IDE runs the Python
application being debugged in a separate process (a pretty obvious
need -- pity that neither IDLE nor PythonWin do that), what would
those shortcomings be?

The HAP debugger (available on Source Forge at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hapdebugger/ and overdue
for an update) is an out of process debugger. In fact, it's
a remote debugger, and thus, a cross-platform debugger.

That may solve some of the problems you speak of. The others -
well, you can get the source code and start working from it.

I found IDLE and PythonWin frustrating, and inappropriate for
our purposes - so we made HAP, and we've been very happy
with it.

lack of support for in-process editing of Python code
(reload doesn't help much).

and a ton of other things that I cannot think of right now.
(it's all in the PythonWorks bug/request/idea/bluesky data-
base...)
I don't suppose that's viewable to the public, is it?

Cheers,
M.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython