From: holger krekel [mailto:pyth at devel.trillke.net]

Delaney, Timothy wrote:
From: Peter Hansen [mailto:peter at engcorp.com]
As I said, I *expect* to be able to release (there's no
commercial reason
not to, and we have done so with such things in the past).
Maybe we are turning circles [1] but why don't you do it, then?

Maybe you need to invest some time in obfuscating your
source code and you don't want to do it?

Why do you *expect* others to solve this problem for you?
Holger, what the hell are you talking about?

I'm not releasing yet because:

1. The tool is not feature-complete.

2. The code is not in a fit state for release - needs more documentation,
etc - it's in a state of high flux, and it's a personal (but work-related)
project so I've been a bit lax ;)

3. I have not even approached my employer as to whether I am allowed to
release it (but I expect that when I do so I will be given permission).

As I stated, I would like this to get into the core library eventually - how
does that in any way suggest that I want to:

1. Obfuscate the code

or

2. Expect others to do the work for me

???