Actually, filename completion is available under Windows 2000 as well, and
maybe other versions. You just have to set a registry entry, or start it
with something like cmd.exe /F. If you search M$'s site, you can find the
knowledge base article. And the command window has always been resizable.

Will Stuyvesant wrote:
Windows XP
----------
The new Windows XP comes with an improved console box that
is actually usable (resizable, filename completion,
command history, huge window scrollback you can set) so
now you can have a productive way of working from a
console box like I used to do with linux, with an editor
of choice like gvim (
ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/pc/gvim61.exe ). On the bad
side of Windows XP is the stability, I had several crashes
already, having to cut the computer power to get out, even
their CTRL-ALT-DEL did not work anymore. This is
something you are not used to when you come from linux.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedAug 2, '02 at 5:02p
activeAug 9, '02 at 1:25a