"Matt" <insta at no.spam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:0p5w8.17527$CH.4180 at rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net...
I'm trying to learn Python, and I was wondering if the IDLE program was
sufficient enough for basic programming, or should I find some sort of text
editor?
I'm currently using a win32 box.

Also, any links to tutorials or general information about Python that is
not listed on the Python website would be much appriciated.
I find it quite useable (at least on my windows box). You should also try to
become aquainted with the command line. You can there develop your code
incrementally.

Otherwise you can run your script directly from within your program code
(okay that saving before running is a little bit awkward).

Thanks to God that the developers of Python did not assume that everybody is
an Emacs or vi freak...

S. Gonzi

grouppython-list @
categoriespython