In article <3CB821A8.AA3274AA at bellsouth.net>, Jeff Layton
wrote:
I'm not sure the subject is entirely accurate, but I really don't
know what to call what I want to do (that's really clear).
What I want to do is have a GUI (right now I have it written
in wxPython) that displays some data in a grid (spreadsheet
kind of thing) but is updated every x seconds. I've got the classes
written that get the data and put it into a list. I've also got the
classes written that create the GUI (with some attempts at
methods that update the values in the grid). However, I don't
know how to update the grid every x seconds. Any pointers or
insight?
Another question that goes along with this is, how do I do this
but allow the user to change the time between updates x?
Have a look at the wxPython demo:
Miscellaneous -> wxTimer

Regards,

Dietmar