bptonner at yahoo.com wrote:

I want to launch frames to plot graphs from the Idle interpreter prompt.
In general, this will not work under IDLE or PythonWin. The problem is that
having multiple message loops within a single process doesn't work. The
solution is to run your code in a different process. You can do this by
either (1) running the script from a shell prompt, and switching back and
forth between that and your IDE, or (2) switching to an IDE that runs code
out-of-process. I *believe* that IDLE-Fork (on sourceforge) will do this,
and most (if not all) of the commercial Python IDEs do as well.

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International

grouppython-list @