From: Jon Nials [SMTP:jnials at nials.org]

I am working my way (ok, jumping all over the place) through the O'Reilly
"Python programming on Win32" book and I built the following python script

import win32net
import win32netcon
def ReportServers():
resume = 0
serverTypes = win32netcon.SV_TYPE_ALL
while 1:
data, total, resume = win32net.NetServerEnum(None, 101,
serverTypes, resume)
for server in data:
print data
if resume == 0:
break

if __name__ == "__main__":
ReportServers()

I'm getting the following traceback.....

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python22\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py", line 301,
in
RunScript
exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
File "C:\tmp\PyCom\ReportServers.py", line 15, in ?
ReportServers()
File "C:\tmp\PyCom\ReportServers.py", line 8, in ReportServers
data, total, resume = win32net.NetServerEnum(None, 1, serverTypes,
resume)
TypeError: The object can not be converted to a Unicode object
Page 298, last paragraph - NetServerEnum(). The description of this function
is missing the domain parameter. The correct signature is:

entries, total, resume = win32net.NetServerEnum(server, level,
serverTypes=win32netcon.SV_TYPE_ALL, domain=None, resume=0, len@96)

So you want:

def ReportServers():
resume = 0
serverTypes = win32netcon.SV_TYPE_ALL
while 1:
data, total, resume = win32net.NetServerEnum(None, 101, serverTypes,
None, resume)
for server in data:
print data
if resume == 0:
break

Cheers,
Simon Brunning
TriSystems Ltd.
sbrunning at trisystems.co.uk

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJan 21, '02 at 8:18a
activeJan 21, '02 at 3:13p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Jon R. Nials: 2 posts Simon Brunning: 1 post