Dan Parisien wrote:

I have more info. It is a thread problem. The program is a socket server
with a custom crypto module. I launch a thread to start the main loop to

This is pretty complicated! The best I can do is point you at the
CEnterLeavePython class in the Win32 extensions. Check out
pywintypesmodule.cpp and pywintypes.h - these can be accessed via CVS -
instructions at http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/cvs.html

This is obviously windows only, and will have some trouble porting to
Linux due to the lack of portable Thread Local Storage (TLS). The
PyXPCOM extensions have a more portable implementation, but it uses the
Netscape Portable Runtime (NSPR) for TLS, so probably isnt what you want.

Hope this helps...

Mark.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython