C,

With my installation of Visual C++ 6.0, I got a handy utility called
DEPENDS.EXE which will report the dependencies of a given executable or
DLL (much like the "ldd" command on some Unices). On my box this got
installed under:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\TOOLS\DEPENDS.EXE

If your version of VC6 didn't come with this for some reason, there may
very well be a free version available for download "out there".

Hope this helps,

Lyle

Courageous wrote:
On Windows:

"ImportError: DLL load failed: One of the library files needed
to run this application cannot be found."

Okay, playing around with this, this error is considerably
different than when the .dll doesn't exist: "ImportError:
No module named fred".

This is a very simple module right now with one function
and a simple init section. This could be some cluelessness
I have with VC6 and the construction of .dll's. I'm a
Unix guy just barely limping through all this broken Windows
stuff.

It almost seems as if I've created a .dll with a dependency
to another .dll which is not in the path. However, looking
over my Project->Settings->Link section, I can find no .dll's
mentioned there.

Any hints?

C/

grouppython-list @