On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM, R. David Murray wrote:

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:43:04 -0500, Brett Cannon wrote:
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Guido van Rossum wrote:
So we have nobody to lead the core sprint? ATM no.
Maybe we should change the
subject to "WANTED: core dev sprint leader for PyCon" ? Done.
Is this the
best list, or should it go to python-dev?
This list. It should be an experienced core dev and not any random person
who happens to subscribe to python-dev and is willing to do it. Otherwise
it would be no better than writing the URL to the devguide on a piece of
paper and saying "have at it". =)
Given a little support from Brett on how best to go about it, I'm willing
to volunteer for this.

You're it! No take-backs! =)

There really isn't much to it beyond updating the page on the conference
site, running devinabox shortly before the sprints and bringing it either
on a flash drive and/or CD (to spare the network the load and to give
people coverage results over the whole stdlib), tell people to read the
devguide, and be there to answer questions (e.g. "go talk to him as it's
his code" or "try doing it this way"). Bonus points if you bring blank
contributor forms, collect them, and get them to the right person in the
end.