onlinepayment v1.0.0 - a generic Python API for making online payments

This module provides an API wrapper around a variety of payment
providers. Using this module you can write code that will work the
same regardless of the payment provider in use.

Examples::

from onlinepayment import OnlinePayment

# connect to authorize.net, setup auth with login and key
auth= { 'login': 'YOUR LOGIN HERE',
'key': 'YOUR KEY HERE' }

op = OnlinePayment('authnet', test_mode=True, auth=auth)

# or for paypal, setup auth with user, pass, vendor and product:
auth= { 'username': 'YOUR USERNAME HERE',
'password': 'YOUR PASSWORD HERE',
'vendor': 'YOUR VENDOR HERE',
'product': 'YOUR PRODUCT HERE' }

# connect to PayPal
op = OnlinePayment('paypal', test_mode=True, auth=auth)

# charge a card
try:
result = op.sale(first_name = 'Joe',
last_name = 'Example',
address = '100 Example Ln.',
city = 'Exampleville',
state = 'NY',
zip = '10001',
amount = '2.00',
card_num = '4007000000027',
exp_date = '0530',
card_code = '1234')

except conn.TransactionDeclined:
# do something when the transaction fails

except conn.CardExpired:
# tell the user their card is expired

except conn.ProcessorException:
# handle all other possible processor-generated exceptions generically

# examine result, the values returned here are processor-specific
success = result.success
code = result.code
message = result.message
trans_id = result.trans_id

# you can get the raw data returned by the underlying processor too
orig = result.orig

Installation
============

Before you can use this module you must install one or more payment
processors. To install the PayPal payflowpro package::

# easy_install pytz
# easy_install python-payflowpro

To install the zc.authorizedotnet package and the authorize package
(for recurring support)::

# easy_install zc.authorizedotnet
# easy_install authorize

If you want authorize.net support you'll need to install a patched
version of zc.ssl. Hopefully someday this will be released by the
Zope devs, but so far I haven't heard anything back. Download the
zc.ssl source package from http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.ssl/, then
unpack::

# tar zxvf zc.ssl-1.1.tar.gz
# cd zc.ssl-1.1

Now download and apply my zc-ssl-timeout.patch::

# wget
http://python-onlinepayment.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/zc-ssl-timeout.patch
# patch -p1 < /zc-ssl-timeout.patch

And install the patched module::

# python setup.py install

(You may also need to edit setup.py and remove the
'ssl-for-setuptools' dependecy. I did, although it may be a quirk of
my Python install rather than a general problem.)

Once you have a payment processor you can install this module::

# easy_install onlinepayment

For more information see: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/onlinepayment/1.0.0

grouppython-announce-list @
categoriespython