On Tue, Jul 07, 1998 at 08:53:14PM +0200, Farzad FARID wrote:
Hello,

I'm planning to use mailman on a mailing-list I'm gonna create. But I'd
rather have it display all messages in french :)
Right now I see that I'd have to edit many scripts to translate the
texts. Would it be possible to have a version in which the texts and the
scripts are separated? That would make translation easier.
That's a good idea, but it hasn't been done yet. If you actually want
to make these changes, I can outline how I'd like it done, or you can
wait a while, as we'll definitely move in that direction in the next
month or two.

By the way, you might want to wait before running mailman, because the
last release had a lot of major changes and untested software. The
next version should be out soon (I'd say in the next week or two).
Another question: has mailman been tested on large lists? Like around 500
subscribers.
It's run lists with several thousands of subscribers, yes.

John

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 7, '98 at 6:53p