On Tue, Jul 07, 1998 at 03:05:01PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
"FF" == Farzad FARID <farzy at publicis.fr> writes:
FF> I'm planning to use mailman on a mailing-list I'm gonna
FF> create. But I'd rather have it display all messages in french
FF> :) Right now I see that I'd have to edit many scripts to
FF> translate the texts. Would it be possible to have a version in
FF> which the texts and the scripts are separated? That would make
FF> translation easier.

I've been slowly working on this for the next release. I've managed
to move most of the large chunks of text into separate files in the
template directory.
Yes, that's fine for the template stuff. Other strings should perhaps
be indexes into files that are language dependant. We could have a
string file for each supported language, and symbolic names to
represent the indices. I worry a bit about the extra disc access
though, it would have to be something where we'd only open and scan
the file if we need to read from it.

John

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython