On 09/10/2015 08:53 AM, DT wrote:
Recently, I was troubleshooting another issue and decided to get rid of
some old testing lists. I removed the mailman list that I initially
created on setup. Looking through the archives, I found this thread -
http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/msg30391.html -
which basically says don't delete. The thread is from 2005, but does this
still hold true?

You must have the site list for various reasons, the most important of
which is that mailmanctl will refuse to start Mailman if it isn't there.

If so, can I simply issue a newlist command and recreate the mailman list
or is there some other method? Thanks!

Yes, you can use newlist to create it.

--
Mark Sapiro <mark@msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,