On 09/04/2015 07:40 AM, Jason Fayre wrote:
Hello,
After getting HTDig to work on a per-list basis, I'd now like to set up a
global search for all of our lists.
Has anyone done this? I'm not sure what to put in the config file for
start_url to have it build a master index of all the archives.
Any help would be appreciated.

If you're only concerned about building the index, start_url can be
anything. The key is that start_url should equate to archives/private/
in a local_urls attribute. E.g.,

start_url: http://example.com/mailman/searchall
local_urls:
http://example.com/mailman/searchall=/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/

You will also need to provide some actual URLs to a) a page that
presents a search form and b) a CGI (or WSGI) to post the form data to.
You can't use mmsearch for b) because it requires a list name. Also, if
you have any private archives, you have an authentication problem.

--
Mark Sapiro <mark@msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython