On 09/01/2015 10:26 AM, David Magda wrote:
Looking at the mbox, there was only one place where \xea was in the
header, in a Subject line, using `grep --color='auto' -P -n "\xea"`. I
manually edited the mbox (making a copy first) and remove the accented-e
character with an ASCII "e", and I'm still getting the error (I did this
before e-mail the list). There are other places which have \xea, but not
in any headers.

There shouldn't be any non-ascii in a mbox. Well, maybe in a
not in any headers.

I don't know what you are grepping, but if it's the mbox, you shouldn't
be looking for "\xea", you should be looking for "?".

The 214 is the message count from a state file. Every time I rerun the
command the number is higher, but it seems to die in the same place. In
the middle of the output we have a "UnicodeWarning":

Are you running bin/arch with the --wipe option? If not, you are
repeatedly adding the same messages to the archive which is why the
number increases.

Can I patched pipermail.py or HyperDatabase.py (or ???) in some way to
work around this? I have LANG=en_US.UTF-8 and LC_TIME=en_DK.UTF8 in my
shell environment: does that make a difference?

Probably not.

This used to work just fine, so I'm wonder what happened with the OS
upgrade. I should have a copy of the VM pre-upgrade in case that's
helpful.

Python's default encoding could make a difference if it was something
other than ascii previously.

--
Mark Sapiro <mark@msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,

groupmailman-users @