On 08/31/2015 05:58 AM, [IDIS Technical Secretariat] Ricardo Rodr?guez wrote:

This has been more or less my entry point to this issue. Perhaps I've
not been able to explain the issue correctly or I'm missing something.
What I'm looking to move into mbox is a set of archives of Maildir
mailing lists.

Why do you refer to these archives as being of Maildir mailing lists?
What is the actual software that created them.

Those archives don't contain new, cur and tmp folders all
the scripts I've spotted at looked for. This is the structure of each
archived email list folder I have here...

Ricardo-Rodriguezs-Mac-Pro:r.users rrodriguez$ ls
Log bounce digissue headerremove lock mod outlocal remote
allow bouncer dignum indexed lockbounce modsub owner subscribers
archive config editor inlocal mailinglist num prefix text
archived digest headeradd key manager outhost public tstdig

Within /archive, there are two folders, 0 and 1, with a number of files,
each of them containing one message, and an index file.

This looks vaguely like Maildir, except Maildir has no index file. What
is in the index file(s)? What is the difference between 0 and 1? Do they
each contain some complete (including all headers) messages, i.e. each
contains a set of messages that combined are all the messages, or does
one of them contain message headers and the other bodies, or does one
contain messages and the other contain metadata about the messages?

Please, does this made sense for you? Am I completely lost? How could I
deal with this "archives" to move them to mbox files and get them
imported our brand new Mailman server?

You just need to add a *nix From_ separator to the beginning of each
complete message and concatenate them.

If you can show me what's actually in some of those files, I could
possibly create a conversion script for you.

It could be as simple as something like

cat archives/0/* archives/1/* > mbox

except for the index files, but probably not.

--
Mark Sapiro <mark@msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython