On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 02:38:01PM +0100, David Osborne wrote:
On 15/05/15 05:32, Bill Christensen wrote:
I long ago routed real users to an alternative signup, but the spam
keeps coming, unrelenting, and are now anywhere between 1k and 10k per day.
One of our lists was spammed in a similar way. The approach I took
was to configure Apache to allow requests to /mailman/subscribe only
when the referring page was on our server:

I've used mod_security/fail2ban in the past, both work as well as
might be expected.

[?]

message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete
it.

Hum.

--
"Celebrity can be malign in that it becomes a form of idolatry, and
  people live their lives vicariously through the rich and famous rather

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 15, '15 at 4:32a
activeMay 24, '15 at 1:10a