On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 07:52:08AM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
Its the first of the month, and I'm receiving my passwords from Mailman servers.
Happy Mailman Day!

(I disable Mailman-day crontab entries.)
I don't want my passwords stored in the plain text, and I don't want
them stored with reversible encryption.
Install Mailman 3.

Mark may have a more useful suggestion of what to patch, and there
could well be something in the archives about this.
How do I turn off this security hole (feature?).
The standard listinfo text warns:

You may enter a privacy password below. This provides only mild
security, but should prevent others from messing with your
subscription. Do not use a valuable password as it will
occasionally be emailed back to you in cleartext.

You could, perhaps, edit the listinfo blurb, to give that greater
prominence?

--
"Celebrity can be malign in that it becomes a form of idolatry, and
people live their lives vicariously through the rich and famous rather

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 1, '11 at 11:52a
activeNov 3, '11 at 5:47a