On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 11:57:22PM +0100, Rich Lott wrote:
Hi

I have exim4 and mailman running successfully on my server. I have a
working list that runs at somelistname at artfulrobot.com and a working web
admin iface. All good.

I looked at the output from this command:
$ exim4 -d -bt community at maybe.artfulrobot.com

to see why it was failing. Output below.

Basically, it seems that mm has not registered
community at maybe.artfulrobot.com in data/virtual-mailman.
Your debug message states:
file lookup required for community at maybe.artfulrobot.com
in /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
lookup failed
Is that correct? (i.e., does /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman...)
exist?
I've read lots of postings, docs etc. but gotten nowhere. I've tried
fiddling with /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py, adding things like:
For Exim and Mailman, I'd use the canonical document:

http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html

and that alone.
MTA=None (and MTA='None')

add_virtualhost('maybe.artfulrobot.com','maybe.artfulrobot.com' )

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = [ 'artfulrobot.com',
'maybe.artfulrobot.com']
I'd not bother with that sort of thing. Just use the tried-and-tested

http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html
Each change I've restarted MM. Tried and got the unrouteable error again.
If you're fiddling with Exim that probably needs HUPing.

--
"Well, you didn't design your beard too well, did you? You really
must try better with your beard."

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 6, '11 at 10:57p