On 6/3/2011 10:45 AM, Glenn Sieb wrote:
I have a list where, as a rule, we don't allow CCs to other
people/lists. So we set max_num_recipients to 2. [...]
Now, my question would be.. *why* would a *blank* CC: line trip this
flag? It just strikes me as kind of odd.

We get the values of the To: and Cc: headers. In this case that returns
the list ['listname at lists.mysite.tld', ''], i.e.,
'listname at lists.mysite.tld' from the To: header and '' from the CC:
header. We parse that with Python's email.Utils.getaddresses() function
which returns a list of (real name, address) tuples, in this case [('',
'listname at lists.mysite.tld'), ('', '')]. The length of this list is two,
so we think the message has two recipients. We don't notice that one of
the addresses is null.

If you consider this to be a bug, you can report it at
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+filebug>, and I'll fix it.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 3, '11 at 5:45p