Drew Tenenholz wrote:
I want to use the Approved: <password> header in the message body to help with inadvertent postings as well as block most inappropriate posts. Will the following settings work?

1) Mailman 2.1.9 on Red Hat Linux.
2) All subscribers (including myself) have the moderation flag set ON.

Good.

3) My address is also listed as a List-Admin (which is appropriate)
4) Another user's address is listed as a List-Mod (which I think is appropriate)
5) This moderator's address happens to be in the accept_these_nonmembers list as well.

7) Other settings:
default_member_moderation=YES
member_moderation_action=HOLD
generic_nonmember_action=HOLD

Test: SUCCESS! If I send a post without any subject or body from my list-admin address, the post is held for moderation.

But, should I be clearing out the accept_these_nonmembers list as well? Does receiving a post from an address in this list supercede/evade the moderation flag? Once correctly set, EVERYONE MUST use the Approved:<password> header, correct?

If you want everyone to be required to use an Approved: header to post,
accept_these_nonmembers should be empty. If a non-member is in
accept_these_nonmembers with the above settings, a post from that
non-member (or a spoof of that non-member's address) will be accepted.

With accept_these_nonmembers empty, any post with a valid Approved:
header, whether or not from a member, will be accepted and all others
will be held.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 19, '10 at 6:53p
activeOct 19, '10 at 10:41p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Drew Tenenholz: 1 post