I have several mailing lists hosted on a server. I basically moved these
lists from one server to the other by tarring up mailman/ from /usr/local,
and untarring up to /usr/local on the destination server once I had
configured the MTA properly.
For each list, I did:

./withlist -l -r fix_url LISTNAME -v -u DEFAULT_URL_HOST

However, I seem to still have a problem, and I think this has got something
to do with changing the configuration to have the archives being public,
when initially they were private.

Without mangling any names, I have the following:

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/pipermail/kictanet/2005-April/000017.html

<http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/pipermail/kictanet/2005-April/000017.html>When
you go down that page, you find the url for the attachment. It has the wrong
DEFAULT_URL_HOST. It should be lists.kictanet.or.ke instead of
kictanet.or.ke. The listname in question is "kictanet".
The file that contains this attachment is available in the server
as /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/kictanet.mbox/*kictanet.mbox*
However, when I go
to /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/kictanet/attachments/ no attachments
are available for some dates since the list was created. I did not delete
any files so I believe there is a way to generate these from kictanet.mbox,
somehow, yes?

What exactly should I do to fix the broken link and the missing attachment
directories?

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,