Ty Nelson wrote:
I don't know how to make it so I can have more than one domain on my mailman
install. I have all the domains pointing to the correct IP address, so the
interface works on each domain. I can change the hostname in my
main.cffile to whatever domain I want to work at that instant, and it
works-but I
don't know how I can have 5 domains that work at the same time. I can only
get them to work one at a time.
I understand that these files must be changed:
main.cf
mm_cfg.py
(something involving virtual hosts????)

But I've looked everywhere on the internet and I can't find a step by step
guide for (idiots) if you will on what I need to do to what file word for
word.

Basically,
how can I make:
domain1.info
domain2.info
domain3.info
domain4.info
domain5.info

all work at the same time.

I know this forum is for advanced issues in general, been on it for quite
sometime. So I apologize for filling your inbox with such a silly question.

This list is for any and all Mailman users. No apologies required.

If I understand correctly, the easiest solution is to make all the
domains local in Postfix. I.e. in main.cf, if for example you have

myhostname = domain1.info

you could put

mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost,
domain2.info, domain3.info, domain4.info, domain5.info

Then, assuming you have aliases for all the lists, this should work.

In any case, you should also have in mm_cfg.py (assuming the web domain
corresponding to the email domain domain1.info is www.domain.info)

add_virtualhost(www.domain1.info, domain1.info)
add_virtualhost(www.domain2.info, domain2.info)
add_virtualhost(www.domain3.info, domain3.info)
add_virtualhost(www.domain4.info, domain4.info)
add_virtualhost(www.domain5.info, domain5.info)

This is to facilitate creating lists in the proper domain from the web.

If you want some of these domains to be "virtual" in Postfix, it's a
bit more involved. If you let us know exactly what the requirement is,
we can help with that too.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 27, '10 at 5:14p