On 25/02/2010 10:27, Sandi Gruver wrote:
Dear Sirs,

It's not clear to me even after reading MM archive posts how to contain this filesystem - /var/lib/mailman/archives/private.

So I go in and manually gzip the<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox file, but that doesn't stop the growth.
Yesterday I read about not gzipping the<listname>/2009-December.txt files so turned that off in mailman's cron.
But ...

104 lists on RedHat EL4 server.

Thank you for simple, clear ideas, I'm not a programmer nor much of a techie.

- Sandi
Hello,

What I think is that your 104 lists are set-up to archive messages.
After a while your partition /var (if setup independant) becomes too
small to handle all the messages archives.
The only thing you have to do is the contact the system administrator of
the server that handles your lists and ask him/her to increase the /var
partition size.
off-topic : that's not that easy as I would need to do it on one server ...

Nicolas Canonne

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 31, '07 at 8:08p