On 2/24/2010 3:27 PM, Sandi Gruver wrote:

So I go in and manually gzip the<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox file, but
that doesn't stop the growth. Yesterday I read about not gzipping
the<listname>/2009-December.txt files so turned that off in mailman's
cron. But ...
The only way to stop an archive from growing is to stop archiving messages.
You could, however, edit the archive mbox to remove old messages and
regenerate the pages. Check out-
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId@30681 and
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageIdv02232

You could also move the archives to a bigger file system, but doesn't
eliminate the problem, it just puts it off.

z!

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 31, '07 at 8:08p