We have two servers that have mailman on them (SuSE 2.6.27, postfix, mailman 2.1.11) and we are combining the two servers into one. Keeping the newest one.

I understand how to get the lists and archives from the server being decommissioned, by tar'ing the mailman/archives & mailman/lists directories and moving them over to the newer server.

My question is how do I get the aliases & aliases.db files on the server I'm migrating all lists to, so it reflects all the lists. Is it as simple as running bin/genaliases or do I have to manually update the aliases file then somehow regen the aliases.db?

The only think I could find in the FAQ was how to move everything from old server to new server not have to combine two different server into one.

John

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 8, '09 at 7:07p
activeSep 11, '09 at 2:56p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

John Adamski: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post