On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 02:32:56PM -0700, Andrei wrote:
I have a problem sending emails to and from mailman lists. I think the
problem is with the router setting, or perhaps with mailman not
creating aliases for the lists.
Aliases (for lists) aren't always needed.
Mailman is installed and its website loads fine. I can manage, add
lists, and do other admin tasks
However, when I try to send an email to test at lists.host.org I get an error.
If I send an email to user at lists.hosts.org email works fine. I can
send and receive emails as a user, but not as a list.
what are the dns records (particularly mx records) against
"lists.host.org".
Is there a log that I can use/monitor to trouble shoot this?
your exim logs, and your mailman logs may be a good starting point.
This is my router setting:

begin routers

mailman_router:
driver = accept
domains = +mm_domains
require_files = MM_LISTCHK
local_part_suffix_optional
local_part_suffix = -admin : \
-bounces : -bounces+* : \
-confirm : -confirm+* : \
-join : -leave : \
-owner : -request : \
-subscribe : -unsubscribe
transport = mailman_transport
is there a transport set-up too?

Have you defined mm_domains and MM_LISTCHK?

--
``DO YOU HAVE A PARTNER?
By partner we mean someone you habitually lie to, apart from us.''

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 1, '09 at 9:32p
activeSep 1, '09 at 11:43p