Gruver, Sandi wrote:
I have this line in the mm_cfg.py file:
SCRUBBER_USE_ATTACHMENT_FILENAME_EXTENSION = True, but attachments (.pdf) are being renamed to .obj.

Can you please give a big hint as to what do I need to do to fix this?

Do the MIME headers of the attachment have a Content-Disposition:
header with a filename= or name= parameter with the .pdf extension. If
so, Scrubber should use it. Even if not, Scrubber will normally guess
'.pdf' for the extension if the Content-Type is application/pdf.

The fact that the attachment is saved with a .obj extension indicates
the sending MUA may be giving it MIME type application/octet-stream
rather than application/pdf, and not giving it a filename.

To say more, we would need the actual MIME headers from the attachment.
You can find these in the archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox
file.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 16, '09 at 3:05p
activeJun 18, '09 at 5:09p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Gruver, Sandi: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post