Mailman version 2.1.11 on a hosted service ...

As far as I can tell by experimentation, the email admin commands
(such as "who" to get a membership list) work only when they are in
the subject line of the request. The command is not recognized
in the body of the message, even if it is the only content in the
body of the message and even if there is no subject line in the message.

Is this the intended behavior?

I'm setting up a cron job to "backup" my mailing list membership rosters,
because I do not have access to the Mailman commandline tools on the
hosting server. I'd prefer not to put the owner/moderator password
in the "Subject:" line, if possible.

Granted, putting the password in the message body is not terribly secure.
But subject lines get logged by transit MTAs, at least some of the time;
message bodies rarely get logged.

(As an aside: the "emailed command in message body" works with MajorDomo.)

Thanks,

Beau

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython