rpyne at kinfolk.org
I am running Mailman 2.1.10. A few days ago I updated my Python to
version 2.6 and everything looked good, list mail was flowing without
problem.

All of a sudden this afternoon, I started getting errors
"ImportError: No module named message" on everything. This particular
one is frim an attempt to re-install Mailman to make sure everything
was up to date:

You probably hadn't restarted Mailman until the errors started
occurring.

Mailman through 2.1.11 is not compatible with Python 2.6. The problem
you are having is the serious one - the others just cause deprecation
warnings.

You have a few choices.

If you still have the older Python, you can reconfigure Mailman using
the --with-python option to configure to point to the older Python.

You can downgrade Python.

You can get the latest Mailman 2.1 branch from
<https://code.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1> (requires a
recent bzr on your system to get the branch) and install that.

Also, you may be able to work around the problem by just removing the
pythonlib/email/ directory from your Mailman installation. This won't
stop the deprecation warnings, but it may allow your current Mailman
to run.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 4, '08 at 7:19p