Brian Canty wrote:
I currently use Majordomo for a good majority of my email lists. I am
looking to convert my lists to Mailman. I am trying to find a way where
I can issue commands via email that will get me results. For example
currently I can send an email and in the body I can say

Which <email address>

And I get a return email address back to the lists that email address is
subscribed. At this point I can than issue Unsubscribe and Subscribe
commands via email.

Is this at all possible in mailman?

Mailman's email command interface is more limited than Majordomo's.

Mailman recognizes the following emailed commands. These are sent to a
listname-request at ... address so with one exception (lists), the
commands in one email are specific to that list.

info
Get information about this mailing list.

lists
See a list of the public mailing lists on this GNU Mailman
server.

password
Retrieve or change your list password.

set ...
Set or view your membership options.

subscribe
Subscribe to this mailing list.

unsubscribe

who
See everyone who is on this mailing list.
The roster may be restricted to the list members or to
the list admin, in which case authentication is required.

There is no email command to see the lists to which you are subscribed,
although this is available via the web as long as you can log on to
your options page for at least one of the lists.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 22, '08 at 6:29p
activeOct 22, '08 at 11:01p