jidanni at jidanni.org writes:
Is the above neglecting a fundamental principle?

SJT> Yes. Security. If your host allows you to do such things, I strongly
SJT> suggest you find one who won't. ;-) >
My mom just spent $400 for me for 5 years at Dreamhost. What's the
worst that could happen? All the files on my account getting deleted?
No problem,
You need to learn that what *you* don't know can hurt the rest of us.
Specifically, if the files on your account can be deleted, they can be
replaced. Eg, with a set of spam filters that open the floodgates to
a spammer, along with a brand new set of 1 million subscribers you
never heard of.
I'll just put mailman on a different one of my unlimited shell
users.
No, you'll lose all your unlimited shell users, and be banned for life
from that system. Nor will your mother get her $400 back, since you
violated the AUP.
Imagine me not being to stop bad bots via .htaccess.
Imagine all mail going straight to the moderator queue with no
.procmail etc. filtering. That is what I'm worried about with only web
access.
You get what you pay for. Hardware and bandwidth, unfortunately,
cannot be provided in infinite amounts at negligible cost the way that
software can.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 17, '08 at 9:12p